• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

My rainbows have been busy

captmicha

Members
They're spawning like crazy.

If they survive, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all of them. I think there's also probably eggs in the cave in the other side of the tank.

The large female is chasing the two smaller females, and they have superficial, minor wounds.

Do you separate them if it gets any more serious than that?

Should I put half a pot over the rocks to give the mom some privacy?

(Can you tell I haven't had a lot of fish spawn for me before?!)

IMG_4143.JPG

mchambers

Former CCA member
I’ve never seen serious injuries caused by rainbow parents, but I know hollyfish2000 hollyfish2000 had a male jump out of the tank, apparently due to harassment.

I’ve usually just let nature take its course. Most of mine have been good parents. Having said that, if you have free swimming fry, you could suck some out with a turkey blaster or siphon, or net some. They will survive in a small tank. They are not delicate at all.

There isn’t much of a market for them, however. Just enjoy the breeding!

captmicha

Members
Thanks.

I'll probably just leave them alone then, I wasn't planning on breeding them bc I saw the market issue and they're sizable enough to need a decent sized tank.

The male is very popular. I don't think he's going anywhere.

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
Were these the fish you got in the auction this past weekend? They were from my tank, but there where too many other fish in the tank to allow them to spawn. If so, glad that they found a better home.