• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

May Meeting

Leffler817

CCA Members
Saturday, May 12, 2018 the Capital Cichlid Association hosts:

Donald Jump
“Garden Ponds and Fishkeeping”

John F. Kennedy High School
1901 Randolph Road
Silver Spring, MD 20902

Doors open at 1 PM; meeting starts at 2 PM

Leffler817

CCA Members
06.jpg

Don Jump is the Vice President of Harmony Ponds, INC servicing the greater Washington D.C. area. Harmony Ponds, Inc. is an award-winning design/build firm with over a decade of experience in the design and construction of ponds, fountains, waterfalls, streams, drainage ponds and related systems for commercial and residential clients. Harmony Ponds specializes in:

• Designing and installing residential and commercial water features.

• Waterfall and garden pond installation, emphasizing the artistic placement of large boulders to create a dramatic, natural setting.

• Water handling systems for fountains and water features including ornamental and koi ponds, utilizing the latest technology in biological filtration, ultra-violet sterilization, and energy-efficient pump systems.

• Water quality management for large ornamental and drainage ponds using floating fountains and laminar flow aeration systems; consulting on habitat design, water balance, aeration, and filtration.

• Year-round professional care of commercial and residential water features by our Maintenance Division.
Harmony Ponds is dedicated to artistry and quality in the design, construction and maintenance of water features.

Check out the garden and pond galleries on the Harmony Ponds website. There are some impressive creations.

Leffler817

CCA Members
One week away!

Don has a client about five minutes away from JFK High School. He has offered to take a “field trip” to that client’s house to see components of his presentation. If you would like to go, please respond here so that I can give him and his client a head count. Cut off to sign up will be Wednesday at 1pm.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Maybe. Really depends on how long the meeting runs. Recent meetings haven’t really started until 2:30, and then there’s a long pause after the talk before the auction. If the meeting starts on time and runs crisply, I’d go. But if not, I’ll probably skip the outdoor part.

iamthaiboy

CCA Members
Maybe. Really depends on how long the meeting runs. Recent meetings haven’t really started until 2:30, and then there’s a long pause after the talk before the auction. If the meeting starts on time and runs crisply, I’d go. But if not, I’ll probably skip the outdoor part.
I agree with this

Leffler817

CCA Members
See you all tomorrow.

I've let Don know that there are some interested in the field trip, but he hasn't confirmed with the client. If it is an option, he'll discuss it during his talk.

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
Interesting talk and some of Harmony Ponds' designs were the stuff of dreams.

Auction was quick and efficient, even if a buyer's afternoon. So much so that I missed several lots that I had hoped to bid on.

Blaise