• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Lost and Found

MonteSS

Members
Saw a nice Royal Pleco at the LFS about 2 months ago. About 3" and $20. I have not had great luck with fancy plecos, but decided to give it a shot.

Put it in the less aggressive 75g SA comunity. Well I never saw it again. I figured it died. Well last night I saw it feeding amongst the rocks! I knew they were shy but wow.

....Bill

Isn't it amazing that you can "lose" something in a relatively small aquarium? I've done the same thing with plecos. Turn the tank upside down looking for one and thought him dead, only to see him live and kicking later on.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Bill, look behind and under the driftwood and you will likely spot your royal. I had not seen my L114 for nearly two months until I fed live bloodworms. Then he suddenly emerged and was larger than when last I saw him.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I have the same experience with plecos and raphael cats. I can remember putting a raphael in my tank when I was a kid and not ever seeing it again until I drained the tank years later...

I "lost" the rainbow babies I stole recently from mom and dad and put in a 20G grow out tank. could not find them anywhere. But learning from past experience, I continued to feed the "empty" tank with Fry Bites and voila! I recently spotted SIX babies scooting around the substrate.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
I have the same experience with plecos and raphael cats. I can remember putting a raphael in my tank when I was a kid and not ever seeing it again until I drained the tank years later...
HAHAAA ME TOO! I THOUGHT MY RAPHEAL DIED THEN FOUND HIM WHEN I DRAINED AND CLEANED MY TANK. HE WAS HALF BURIED AND BIGGER THEN BEFORE. HE HAD BEEN EATING AND HIDING WELL. :p

andrew1002

Members
One time in my 55 I dropped in a 2" common plecostomus and three months later after tearing apart the tank countless times I see this 6" plecostomus on the glass! Never been so excited over a lost fish lol

-Andrew