• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Looking for schooling fish

gage

CCA Members
I just cleared a 55 gallon upstairs and I want to get away from the aggressive guys so I want to get a school of just 1 fish. Let me know what you got.

bkfamus

CCA Members
I've got a school of 21 Rummynose tetra “Petitella georgiae” I may be looking to move.. LMK if you're interested...

Becca

CCA Members
I have 50 Hyphessobrycon negodagua. One of the newly imported tetras. Really gorgeous and active fish in a planted rank.

bkfamus

CCA Members
I have 50 Hyphessobrycon negodagua. One of the newly imported tetras. Really gorgeous and active fish in a planted rank.
I was thinking of getting those for my 75G panamensis growout tank.. but they were a little pricey so decided to go w/ colombians instead.. very nice tetras and rare...

Last edited:

Becca

CCA Members
I was thinking of getting those for my 75G panamensis growout tank.. but they were a little pricey so decided to go w/ colombians instead.. very nice tetras and rare...
Yes. Still pricey from me, but not quite as pricey (6 for $100). Home bred & tank raised.

seronels

CCA Members
Cyprichromis leptosoma Mamalesa and some Paracyprichromis nigripinnis here. They are schooling and peaceful cichlids.

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
I have lambchop rasboras, emerald green danios, longfiin zebra danio, pygmy corys, coral red pencilfish, which are all schooling fish.

gage

CCA Members
Cyprichromis leptosoma Mamalesa and some Paracyprichromis nigripinnis here. They are schooling and peaceful cichlids.
Trying to get away from the cichlid world lol. Already have 3 tanks of Africans and others. Definitely some beautiful fish though.

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
I am in Bryans road, Maryland, but I will be at the PVAS meeting on July 9th.

Trigonostigma espei (LAMBCHOP RASBORA) $5.00EACH

NANNOSTOMUS MORTENTHALERI(Coral Red Pencilfish) $10.00EACH

EMERALD DWARF DANIOS (Danio erythromicron) $8.00EACH

LONGFIN ZEBRA DANIOS (Danio rerio) $4.00EACH

CORYDORAS $6.00EACH

gage

CCA Members
I am in Bryans road, Maryland, but I will be at the PVAS meeting on July 9th.

Trigonostigma espei (LAMBCHOP RASBORA) $5.00EACH

NANNOSTOMUS MORTENTHALERI(Coral Red Pencilfish) $10.00EACH

EMERALD DWARF DANIOS (Danio erythromicron) $8.00EACH

LONGFIN ZEBRA DANIOS (Danio rerio) $4.00EACH

CORYDORAS $6.00EACH
Wow that’s almost 2 hours away. If I’m headed to the meeting I’ll let you know, I’m not sure if I can make it yet.

Most tetra are shoaler, not schooler. Rummynose are true schooler, but hard to keep alive as most are wild caught. As an alternative, brilliant rasboara are good schooler and easy to keep, besides common lambcop rasbobora.

985805FB-377D-42CC-B506-6D644F484FDE.jpeg