• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Looking for possible donations to a rescue

Freakgecko

Members
Hello all!

A good friend of mine works for a local cat rescue in Brentwood, MD (Alley Cat Rescue) and the idea for a fish tank for their lobby has been tossed around. I have a 75 I can donate, but the rescue probably wouldn't have the budget to get all the equipment and such that would be needed. I think this would be a great thing for the cats (they're free roam in the area) and would like to do a Mbuna or Peacock tank. It's not set in stone, but I want to see if anyone here would be willing to donate items or sell for cheap.

Here's what I have:
75 gallon tank
50+ lbs of holey rock
Play sand for substrate
Egg crate to protect bottom glass

What I need:
Stand that can conceal canister filters and cords
Glass lids
LED light
canister filters (fluval, eheim, sunsun, whatever I can get)
Heaters (2x 100w or whatever I can get really)
Additional holey rock

Eventually will need mbuna and synodontis multipunctuatus or lucipinnis

Anything donated *should* be able to be written off for tax purposes (will make sure on this, but it's a non-profit so I think that would be applicable)

Thanks for reading guys!

Freakgecko

Members
So I had a large setup donated to me (150 gallon) and will be setting up the sump tomorrow and adding seeded media. Hoping to start getting some fish for this to work on a fish in cycle (again, pre-seeded media so the cycle will be quick). Anyone interested in donating mbuna? Looking for the gentler species like yellow labs, acei, etc. willing to pay as well, although donations would be fantastic. Let me know what you have! I have all of tomorrow off and I'm willing to drive for the right deals! Thanks everyone

Freakgecko

Members
Should specify, the tank is in place, filled, and has 50lbs+ of base rock and holey rock in it. Not nearly as much rock as I would like, but can't seem to find anyone selling holey rock that's not gonna ruin my wallet lol

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
Kyle, I have some rusties you can have for free, and I live in Silver Spring. Just gonna be a hassle getting them out of my well-rocked tank.

Freakgecko

Members
Rusties would be great! Although I don't want you to go through too much hassle! I unfortunately work mornings tues-sat, but if you're free monday morning/afternoon next week I'd be ecstatic to grab some off ya! Would be interested in a small group of 3-4 (or fewer, depending on how many you want to donate). Thanks, feel free to text me at (810)-662-4489 (usually won't answer calls, but text works well)

Many thanks to Sushiballs777 for the first wave of fish! Everybody looks great and is settling in nicely!

Rusties would be great! Although I don't want you to go through too much hassle! I unfortunately work mornings tues-sat, but if you're free monday morning/afternoon next week I'd be ecstatic to grab some off ya! Would be interested in a small group of 3-4 (or fewer, depending on how many you want to donate). Thanks, feel free to text me at (810)-662-4489 (usually won't answer calls, but text works well)

Many thanks to Sushiballs777 for the first wave of fish! Everybody looks great and is settling in nicely!
Enjoy my friend. I'm glad to know they're in good hands and paws haha