• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Licorice Gourami experiences?

zendog

I am thinking of trying some licorice gourami types and was wondering if any other CCA folks have tried them. If you have, were they tough to keep alive? What did you keep the pH at? Any success breeding?

It is probably a fools errand since I haven't done too well with some peat swamp wild betta types I've tried (hendra and api api), but they sure are neat little fish.

Becca

Members
Sooooo... I kept "Sentang green sparkle" and another type. Both groups whittled themselves down to 1 over the course of months to years. In both cases I put the sole survivor in the 33 long, which is planted, filled with tap, and has CO2 that turns off when the pH drops to 7. Those two loners survived and thrived. If I were going to try them again, it would be in a large, shallow tank (at least the surface area of a 33) that is stable and is super crowded with vegetation and hiding areas.