• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Last of the FREE tanks

JLW

CCA Members
Hey guys,

These are the last of the tanks I've got to get rid of. I'd like them gone soon, so I'm going to rent a truck next Friday (the 26th), and take them to the dump.

There are (approximate counts)
28 10-Gs, mostly Aqueon or AGA
6 15-Gs (like a 20-H but shorter)
6 20-Highs
3 40-Breeders (one drilled, two not)
2 55-G
2 65-G

They are -free-. However:
These are old tanks, as far as I know, they all hold water (they all had water in them a year ago). They are not pristine, new tanks. Many of them have at least one side painted (some are clear). Many of the 15s and 20s have patched holes from use in a flow through (they don't leak). Many have hard water stains on them. They're "fishroom quality." If you want new ones, they're available to pick up at Petco -- and they ain't free. :)

Here are my only conditions on them --
If you take a tank, you're planning on using it. Please no hoarding, and if you're planning on flipping it, GTFO (get the fish out).
You gotta take anything that's in the tank -- probably 90% of them have gravel in them. (Excluding anything of any value in the tanks that I've forgotten about -- random envelops full of cash, etc). No dumping the gravel in my driveway.
If you come out here, you [will] wear a mask. We're social distancing strictly, as I cannot afford to get sick. That means I'm gonna point you at the tanks and leave you to it. If you're an antimasker / covidenier, GTFO. And that F isn't for "fish." (That also means that if you need help carrying them, you bring the help).
Understand that they're free tanks, and I'm not keeping an inventory -- sorry if Viktor showed up 20 minutes before you and took the one you wanted.
Understand that they're free /used/ tanks, and while I'm confident they'll hold water, y'never-know. You get what you pay for, right? :)
The tanks are fairly neatly stacked now -- don't dig through the pile to get one on the bottom and leave it a mess; restack them so they look at least as nice as when you got here.
Please show up when you say you're gonna show up.
Anyone who shows up has to take a tank. If you bring your newborn baby with you, the baby has to take one. Everyone. Even the dog, even if it stays in the car. Seriously, I want the things gone. ;)

Tanks are in Silver Spring, 20904 -- E-mail me (batfish aquatics at gmail) to set up a time / date and get the address. I'm like 2 miles from JFK high, where CCA meets. Met. Will meet again, some sunny day.