• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

lake tanganyika Tank

Duane

CCA Members
Hello my fish lover I'm on a quest to do a all tanganicains tank so far in my 125g with a fx5 running it I have 3 frotosa and 4 calvus and got them small and I like shell dwellers to. I'm in Hagerstown but I'm willing to go a few miles out to get what I need so what are sum ideas for fish

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
No Shellies with fronts. I would guess, but you could try it. There are several larger species you could try like julidochromis.

Leffler817

CCA Members
+1 on the no shellies idea. They'll be frontosa snacks in no time. You could use Julies as Cory said or go with Neolamprologus Leleupi. The bright orange would contrast the deep blues of the fronts really well. You'll also want more fronts. I believe they prefer bigger groups.

Duane

CCA Members
+1 on the no shellies idea. They'll be frontosa snacks in no time. You could use Julies as Cory said or go with Neolamprologus Leleupi. The bright orange would contrast the deep blues of the fronts really well. You'll also want more fronts. I believe they prefer bigger groups.
Thanks for the in information

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Fronts will also eat Julies and Neolamps.

Yes, once they get big enough, everyone becomes lunch. They come up from the depths and feed on small species in the wild. No reason to think they won't do the same in the tank. However, depending on the size of the tank, he may get away with it for some time.

Leffler817

CCA Members
That's what is was thinking but didn't really say. Also, the Julie's and Neolamps would grow faster to start, or start with an adult group. The fronts like open water to swim around in whereas the others are rock dwelling fish and need caves/crevasses to swim around.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Duane, there is a guy in the marketplace selling adult Julidochromis Maleri and some fry for $40. That's a smoking good deal. You should check it out if you want something ready made to go with your fronts.