• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Knee deep in the next tank....

Tannin Aquatics

CCA Members
Hey everyone! First off, Happy Holidays, and a BIG thanks to all of those who took advantage of our sale this past weekend! We greatly appreciate your business, and we're thrilled to support CCA. We look forward to doing even more for the club next year, and we'd really like to get out to an event next year, if possible!
So...I'm really getting into the planning of my next project aquarium. Have I told you about this one before? I think I touched on it. I'm sure that the subject matter will pretty much blow you away- you'll be like, "Damn, never would have thought Fellman would try THAT in his next tank..." NOT.

Yeah, you probably saw this coming: I'm shooting for a little simulation of a deep (by aquarium standards, anyways) leaf litter zone, with near 100% coverage over the substrate. The kind of little "pockets" you see in tributaries of the Rio Negro.

unspecified-1_afeef39f-1e0b-4621-ac50-8c2f34093227_grande.jpeg

Lots of leaves and maybe just a few botanicals, like "Savu Pods", "Ceu Fruta", Coco Curls, or "Rio Fruta." The leaves will be a mix of Guava leaves, Magnolia, and maybe a few of the "Borneo Grade A Mega Catappa" leaves, which I've been itching to play with lately!

IMG_4361_f31fd3c3-4007-48d5-8654-5a4d2c444a1d_grande.JPG

I don't think I'll be using any plants in this one, though, unlike in the Mike Tuccinardi pic of the Rio Negro above, or my office leaf litter tank that you've probably seen a 1,000 times already, below. This tank has provided me a lot of cool aesthetic "looks" as I've tried out different types of leaves for varying effects, which will pay off in this new tank. (click to read more)