• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Kids say the darnedest things!

Becca

Members
So, I have a tank set up at my son's pre-school. It's been there about a year and the kids love it. I stopped in today to do a water change, which always attracts a crowd. There's a new kid at the school, and this is the first time he's seen anyone work on the fish tank. He's only 3, but he's as tall as my 5.5 year-old, so it's easy to forget he's only 3.

He kept coming up to me and calling me a "b*tch," to which I'm like, huh, weird kid. Then he starts getting really insistent, "I want to touch a b*tch, I want to touch a b*tch." I'm thinking, ok he's probably trying to say something that I'm hearing wrong.

I walk away from the tank with a bucket of wastewater and duckweed and he hops up on a chair and tries to reach into it, exclaiming "I want to touch a B*TCH!!!" It's then that I realize he's been saying "I want to touch a fish," the whole dang time.:confused:

abcdefghi

Members
My 3 year old sometimes says things that make you wonder what he is saying, for example when he talking about "Star Whores" he is in fact talking about "Star Wars"... I am also fairly certain the other day that I heard him call his older brothers "Bro Ho's" no idea what he was trying to say, but that is what it sounded like.

Becca

Members
My 3 year old sometimes says things that make you wonder what he is saying, for example when he talking about "Star Whores" he is in fact talking about "Star Wars"... I am also fairly certain the other day that I heard him call his older brothers "Bro Ho's" no idea what he was trying to say, but that is what it sounded like.

My oldest still can't pronounce a hard "c" or "k" sound. When he was about 2 years old, he discovered cookies, but, when he asked for cookies, it sounded like he was saying "titties." This is how we became friends with Josh.

FishEggs

Are you sure he didn't just catch you watching that XXX movie late one night? ;)