• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Just a quick shot of my female Heros in full breeding dress

rsanz

monster tank newbie
WE HAVE EGGS!!

I'm very excited. This is the first fish I've had spawn since getting back into the hobby 2 years ago. I bought these guys @ 2", so I am pretty proud of rearing them up in my show tank (I don't have a bunch of tanks like many folks on here, so my progress on things like this is much slower). I'll see if the eggs survive the few days until hatching, then I'll try to catch some and put them in a smaller tank and try my hand at raising fry. Exciting!!

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. She is a real pleasure except for the whole destroying all of my lovely plants thing. The male is actually not as brightly colored. You can see a little bit of his face/belly in the top right corner of the 2nd pic.

rsanz

monster tank newbie
They ate the eggs. :( They are young, so I'm sure they are just getting the hang of it.

I'll keep doing what I'm doing to keep them happy, and hopefully we'll have a successful spawn soon.

neut

Members
Congrats. It varies with different severum pairs, but often it takes a few tries to get it right, just part of the process. The good news is typically it doesn't take long for them to try again.

Do you know what type they're supposed to be?