• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

June 29 at Bump 'n Grind in downtown Silver Spring

zendog

Whoops thought it was tonight, but even worse for the schedule. I'm driving to Ithaca, NY that day. Doh.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Update: show is tonight. The hosts, Billy Coulter and Bill Williams go on at 7:30. Mary Battiata goes on at 8 with Tim Pruitt on guitar and Eric Schramek on bass.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Great show last night. And you'll never guess who showed up. The President himself!

That's right, our very own Matt Quinn, President of CCA, attended. He can attest to the quality of the music. I don't have any pictures of Mr. Quinn from last night (his security detail discouraged pictures), but here's Mary and Little Pink.battiata at bump n grind.JPG

dogofwar

CCA Members
It was a great time: excellent tunes with fine company in a nice venue!

Mary Battiata is a real talent - I hope she gets the break that she deserves :)

Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
No alt-country band for the club BBQ ;)

But we've already got a bunch of awesome stuff lined up for the BBQ: Of course BBQ and beer...but also the outdoor movie, at least two group buys (SI Cichlids, Supercichlids, more?!) as well as the Super Cichlids Wheel of Fortune raffle...

All of us need to Always Be Closing your fish friends and neighbors to join CCA :)

Is there a better hobby investment than $1.67 per month for CCA?

Matt

Not me, but I wouldn't be surprised if Matt Quinn did. He was inviting my neighbor to bring her 13 year old son, who has two tanks, including a 55 I gave him.

mchambers

Former CCA member
CCA Matt's are known as the cultural taste-makers in this town ;)

Matt
Mary posted on Facebook that it will be a full band show, including the bass player, drummer, and pedal steel from her latest CD, plus a D.C. legend, Karl Strauss, on electric guitar. Should be a great show.