• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

January 2020 Meeting - How to Build a Paludarium, with Nick Kinser

Becca

Members
Next CCA Meeting
January 11th

Nick Kinser
How to Build a Paludarium

John F. Kennedy High School

1901 Randolph Rd, Glenmont, MD 20902

Schedule:

1:00 - Doors Open for Setup and Socializing

2:00 - Talk starts

3:00 - Raffle prizes and Auction

Nick Kinser is an aquascaper and professional aquarist with over 15 years in the Hobby. His main focus is on high tech, fresh water planted aquariums and paludariums, but has branched out in the last few years to include fresh and brackish biotope aquariums. Nick is the aquarist at the Glen Echo Park Aquarium, GEPA for short. GEPA is a small public aquarium in Glen Echo MD. The aquarium is focused on education and the preservation of the Chesapeake Bay and its inhabitants. All of the animals at GEPA are from the Chesapeake Bay and the watershed.

As a reminder, we're having an auction this month. Please register your items at www.mygroupauctions.com.

lkelly

Members
Assuming it's the same talk he gave to our club (quite possible he has dozens of them prepared), it was very entertaining. Nick has some amazing looking setups.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
This sounds like a topic I'd be interested in. However, my second job has me vending Repticon on Saturday, so I won't be joining my CCA family.
If one of you is willing and able to run the sale of raffle tickets, as I normally do, please see Mike O'Shea or Chris Keys.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Looking forward to the meeting tomorrow!

Reminder to anyone interested in bringing food or drink to share, its always appreciated.

ranchogoodeid

I am new to CCA and kind of confused. I showed up at JFK High School a little before 1:00 for the meeting and there was nobody in sight anywhere. Waited until a little after 1:00 and left. Did I get there, and leave, too early? What time do people actually arrive and things start?

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I am new to CCA and kind of confused. I showed up at JFK High School a little before 1:00 for the meeting and there was nobody in sight anywhere. Waited until a little after 1:00 and left. Did I get there, and leave, too early? What time do people actually arrive and things start?
Doors open at 1 but sometimes we don't get in until 130 or so, meeting usually starts between 2 and 215, speaker is still currently talking.