• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

ISO Amatitlania myrnae

Jedward

I am looking for a group of young myrnae to grow out. I am located in Milwaukee, WI so would need somebody who is willing to ship (or travels to the area, maybe heading to the GCCA swap in Chicago). I have not been able to locate them locally but have had several leads that brought me to the CCA. I was told a strain from the Rio Estrella was in the club and it would be great to have the location/collection information to go with the fish. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

mchambers

Former CCA member
You are correct that there is a strain from the Rio Estrella here in the club. I think I'm the one responsible for that, having gotten a group of F1 youngsters from a former CCA member. He had gotten them from Jeff Rapps, who said they were from the Rio Estrella.

Mine spawned prolifically and I spread them around the club and also at the Potomac Valley Aquarium Society. I've now moved on from them and don't have any left. I gave a bunch to an aquarium store near Baltimore called Go Fish last month. I hope somebody here can get you some.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
J Jedward Look back through the Marketplace threads. You'll find tons of listings. Post in those threads even if they are old. Someone is bound to have a bunch of them.

Jedward

I wish I could attend a meeting. Unfortunately that isn't going to happen. I was hoping that somebody has them and is willing to ship. Maybe the next meeting when there are bags and bags of them someone will think to ship them over!

Freakgecko

Members
Didn't you bring some to Michigan at some point?

I just sent my last pair to a new home after feeding their fry to a puffer fish.
I planned to but haven’t made it up there in 2 years. Ended up trading them into Lucky’s in Rosedale

captmicha

Members
If I get a male who wants to breed, which mine doesn't, I could set you up.

In a few months, I'm planning on acquiring one.

Triviashi_Maru

CCA Members
I planned to but haven’t made it up there in 2 years. Ended up trading them into Lucky’s in Rosedale

Ah! That explains it. I didn't see any at Go Fish, which is my local FS. But there are a tankful of young ones at Lucky. If OP is super serious I'd be willing to grab some and ship 'em. They have them marked at $5 ea.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Ah! That explains it. I didn't see any at Go Fish, which is my local FS. But there are a tankful of young ones at Lucky. If OP is super serious I'd be willing to grab some and ship 'em. They have them marked at $5 ea.
When did you look at Go Fish? I took about 50 to them in early August. Did you ask? Maybe they were in quarantine?

mchambers

Former CCA member
They are there, not yet marked. One of the reasons that is my favorite place is that there are always new things I haven't seen or noticed before.
It's a nice store. Perhaps J Jedward could get them to ship a group to Wisconsin.

rsretep

Members
Where is this “lucky” is it a new store?