• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Intro

alex98

CCA Members
Hi, I'm excited to join the forum. I studied the genetics and ecology of cichlids in Lake Victoria many years ago, and have now started my first size-able tank at home. Despite my intro to Cichlids its a Malawi set up: 210 gallons, 5 cobalt blues, 5 yellow labs and 4 Borleyi haps (one male each and the rest females). Its an unusually shaped tank: basically a "high cube", 36x36x44 high, standing on my floor with the sump in the basement. We built a somewhat ridiculous rock wall on its back side, with plexiglass caves behind it to maximize available rooms in the "cichlid hotel". We're hoping everyone will get along perfectly, with the Haps having plenty of open water to do their thing while the Mbuna hit the caves! We'll see how it goes. Looking forward to reporting to ya'll. Best,
Alex

Tangcollector

Staff member
Did I see mbuna in an uncovered tank? Tank looks awesome. love the background but I wouldn't leave it uncovered.

alex98

CCA Members
Yeah, thanks, just had it uncovered. Are Mbuna's the most jumpy? Seems like the Borleyi hap in this tank is almost the worst...