• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Im brand new

Devin Gibson

CCA Members
just started my first fish tank last year ....55 gallon....2 months later I had a 75 gallon....4 months later I now have a 150......the 150 has 2 red eared sliders who have been rehomed and will be replaced with 2 juvenile Ouachita Map turtles .... 2 tiger Oscars 2 jack dempseys...1 jaguar cichlid which Is my baby.....4 silver dollars 3 giant danios and 3 juvenile 1 inch Dovi which I will probably be rehoming before they turn into the beasts that they become.........I recently bought a 55 full setup from a hobbyist that didn't last more than a year.....I was going to put the Dovi in the 55 ...I went and picked up 4 Convicts from a guy who had to many.....he had one 3 inch fish that was beautiful that he threw in for the hell of it.....I later found out it was a Pseudotropheus cyaneorhabdo......I have since fell in love with this fish.....he or she is a straight weirdo....and I love it....I have since turned my 55 into a strictly African cichlid tank with 3 convicts who will probably be rehomed before they infest me with babys .........as of right now I have 3 Pseudotropheous 2 thropheus moorii namansi 3 damasoni.......@ German Reds....2 blue electra deep water haps...2 Obliquedens X Flamebacks... 2 Taiwan reef hybrids...2 jacobfriebergi.........I'm in love with the Pseudotropheus tho....looking to buy 2 or 3 more

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have already caught multi tank syndrome!

It is really great when you discover all of the interesting fish that are in the hobby to keep. My advice, slow down and figure out what you want to keep and what is compatible. The last thing you want to do is pick up some nice fish only to have them killed due to aggression in your tanks.

Find a new home for the dovii. None of the tanks you currently have are big enough for an adult. I'd also keep a close eye on your mixed African tank. The tropheus could cause trouble, and usually do much better in large groups. Demasoni are also known to be quite rough.

Good luck!

Devin Gibson

CCA Members
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have already caught multi tank syndrome!

It is really great when you discover all of the interesting fish that are in the hobby to keep. My advice, slow down and figure out what you want to keep and what is compatible. The last thing you want to do is pick up some nice fish only to have them killed due to aggression in your tanks.

Find a new home for the dovii. None of the tanks you currently have are big enough for an adult. I'd also keep a close eye on your mixed African tank. The tropheus could cause trouble, and usually do much better in large groups. Demasoni are also known to be quite rough.

Good luck!
the dovi are 1 1/2 inch....I'll have a new home for them before they reach 3 inch.....my jaguar is my baby and I have been warned about him when he gets big.....the African tank I have noticed the tropheus are the aggressor's but they mostly fight with each other ....I def have multi tank syndrome.....I'll be getting another 150 for 2 arowanna in the next 2 years.....thanks for the words of wisdom