• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

I Bought A New Pump

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
At the ACA convention, I broke down and ordered a new air pump from the Jehmco rep.
I bought one of the Linear piston pumps that they are always pushing.
Man that thing is quiet. I can hardly hear it run. My old blower could be heard all through
the house if it was a quiet night. Really makes a difference. I just hope
it will last as long. I have no Idea how long the blower ran before I got it. I have been using it
off and on for like 10 or 12 years. I only took it apart and lubed it one time.
Now it will serve as a back up roll.

longstocking

Members
Remeber way back when I was talking with you about pumps.... I end up with a piston as well... soooooooooooooo quiet... I just need a back up now :( I didn't get a jehmco.... but it works great ! uses a bit more wattage... but the price ( about 200 to 300 dollars cheaper) made up for it.

It's been working great for over a year... if anyone wants a cheap piston pump let me know and I'll get the details.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Well its been running for 6months now. I broke down last night and cleaned the filters.
Still quite as all get out. I do believe I am at the max outlets now. When I do water changes, the ones in the 55 gallon tanks stop until I fill some of the other tanks back up and put more pressure on them. Still it does a great job and can not hear it unless you are with in about 5 feet. The blower I now use as a back up could be heard though most of the house.