• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Howdy everyone

JustKeepSwimming93

Peace Officer
Howdy everyone,
My names Drew, my girlfriends name is Christina. We live in Maryland. We have 2 55 gallon tanks
One African Cichlid tank
One South American Cichlid tank
Also we have a 10 gallon tank for the kids that houses tropical fish.

We are here to read, listen and learn more about this hobby that we both enjoy.

Nice to meet you all.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Two 55s and a 10 is a good start;). I had a similar setup many years ago, I miss that maintenance schedule. 30+ tanks is more entertaining but also more work.

Welcome to the club! Feel free to ask any questions or participate in any discussion, friendly folks here. You should have plenty to soak in at BFD this weekend.

JustKeepSwimming93

Peace Officer
Thanks everyone and I will be attending the BFD7. She’s been talking about it more then me ever since we found out about it. Any tips for a new guy ?

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Thanks everyone and I will be attending the BFD7. She’s been talking about it more then me ever since we found out about it. Any tips for a new guy ?
Make some space at home for fish if you can, and bring cash, plenty of good stuff to find even if you're not buying fish. Some vendors may take card or paypal, but cash is king, and nearly all of the private vendors only accept cash on sunday. Otherwise, be prepared to meet a lot of cool people and enjoy the event!

Bring a bag if you think you might be buying stuff while you're there, some vendors may have plastic bags, but a good bag will be very useful if you making multiple purchases, and an insulated bag/box is ideal if you might get fish.