• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

how to get a bristlenose out of my corner overflow?

Eyeguy05

Members
my albino bristlenose found a way into my corner overflow, how do I get him out? he's all the way at the bottom.

JLW

CCA Members
Reach in and grab him.

Or... drain the sump, grab your durso and pull it out. A lot of times, the fish goes down the tube and winds up on your filter floss. You just have to rescue him.
However, once they figure out that the overflow box exists, they tend to go back.

Leffler817

CCA Members
I have two stupid plecos that keep finding their way behind a Mattenfilter. I keep returning them to the tank only find find they've returned back behind the MF. o_O Idiots!

Wet Sleeves

CCA Members
Staff member
I have two stupid plecos that keep finding their way behind a Mattenfilter. I keep returning them to the tank only find find they've returned back behind the MF. o_O Idiots!
I had similar issue with my L144. It was such a PITA getting them back out only to see them back behind it not even 24 hrs later. I was able to resolve it partially with extra hides/caves and removing some of the males.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I found a male with eggs inside an aquaclear 110 a couple years ago. I had the strainer on the tube. I can see if he climbed up the outside of the tube but how
did he get the egg bunch in there too..... and it was not with the filter material but in the side with the motor.