• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

hot today

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Whew hot today.
Here in the shop the only thing I can go by is the thermostats for the heat.
They read 99F at 11am so you know it got hotter than that in here.
Hard for these guys to work fast like that plus then you have to work on a hot engine.

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
and just to make it a lot worse those guys had to go jump in a car that's been sitting in the sun with the windows up.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
LOL
Yeah,
My thermo on the truck said 116 when I got in. Now thats not the actual temp but rather how hot it was sitting there in the sun on the blacktop.

Said 103 on the way home.
BGE is working that compressor switch on my house.
It is 79 in the house. Thermostat is set on 77.

iamzrad

Members
109F down here.
Crazy!
tumblr_l55n47tvr81qaastpo1_500.jpg

F8LBITE

Members
yep super hot. The service dept puts out coolers full of bottled water and gatorade for the techs where I work but since the shop isnt AC'd im sure it doesnt make much difference.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I worked outside in the heat yesterday and it was ridiculous. I probably drank over 100 ounces of fluid by lunch but sweated it all out. I feel bad for anyone doing roofing or asphaly work.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
106 @ BWI YESTERDAY....TODAY ITS SUPPOSED TO HIT 102. STAY COOL AND DRINK FLUIDS! REEL ADDICTION THAT MEANS OTHER THEN BREW :D. SOUNDS LIKE ITS HIT THE POOL AFTER WORK KINDA DAY. ;)

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
My car read 103 all the way from Takoma Park to Germantown yesterday. On the news, they showed people pouring asphalt and then poured bottled water on the asphlat and showed it boiling. I do not envy those guys, electric workers, or anyone who has to spend their day under the blazing sun.

Cartel

Members
Weaksauce do 110-113 for a week straight with 96% humidity then talk about it being hot! But yes it is rather warm.

Getting in hot black leather cars that your co workers left the heater on a few mins before was never fun. I do miss working in an a/c shop now I thank god for Port-A-Cool's

Spine

Members
I can remember days like this when I was roofing. We would usually get off early(10 or 11am) when it was this hot because you could'nt walk on the shingles without damaging them. Back then I was working two jobs so it was nice to get a break before I started the nighttime job. The guys you feel sorry for are the ones that do tar and gravel roofing,now thats one I would'nt touch, it's even hot in the winter,lol.