• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hi Folks

Fish Face

Just joined!

I live in NOVA and currently have 9 tanks.

I started a CA tank last week and I'm super excited. Firemouth, Salvini, Nanolutea

I have a few dwarf Cichlids in a couple of my other tanks.

All my tanks are heavily planted. Most have Eco-complete as a base substrate with a sand topping.

Some of the fish I have:

3 species of Pencilfish, 5 species of Danios, 5 species of Corydoras, a pair of wild Betta Imbelis, various Tetras and Rasboras...

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Welcome to the forum.

I'm a fan of the Central American cichlids myself, especially some of the smaller species like the nanoleutea. My experience with them is that they are very timid, even for a CA cichlid. I have never had any luck keeping them with other cichlids. They tend to get stressed and out-competed for food, which inevitably leads to them to decline. They are great little fish to keep, but I'd look into moving them to a tank of their own if you can.

Good luck with them.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Welcome! I too am a fan of central American cichlids. I'd love to see a pic of your CA tank when you get the chance.

Scraps

Super Genius
Staff member
Just joined!

I live in NOVA and currently have 9 tanks.

I started a CA tank last week and I'm super excited. Firemouth, Salvini, Nanolutea

I have a few dwarf Cichlids in a couple of my other tanks.

All my tanks are heavily planted. Most have Eco-complete as a base substrate with a sand topping.

Some of the fish I have:

3 species of Pencilfish, 5 species of Danios, 5 species of Corydoras, a pair of wild Betta Imbelis, various Tetras and Rasboras...
Welcome! Glad you found us!

Fish Face

Welcome! What kind of pencilfish and rasboras do you keep? Any of your fish breeding for you?

Pencilfish: Nannostomus mortenthaleri (Coral Reds), Rubrocaudatus (Purple) and Diagrammus (two lined)

Rasbora: R. einthovenii , R. jacobsoni , harlequin and Galaxy's

Have not seen any breeding yet. They're in community setups with dense vegetation. Anything is possible though.

Scraps

Super Genius
Staff member
Frank
The new board just got elected and are in the process of organizing just that! :)
Bear with us as we are trying to make positive changes in the upcoming months.
Kim

lorne8303

Members
Hello everyone,
My name is Lorne Williams and I'm a founding member of CCA. Me, Francine, and Joe founded CCA. I got out of fishkeeping for a while but am now getting back in the hobby. I plan on having Central American and Tanganyikan Cichlids. I'm just getting the tanks setup and will get fish in the near future.