• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Help Moving Fishroom - Evening of Thurs, Sept 15

dogofwar

CCA Members
We found out a few days ago that we'll need to move from the home we're currently renting.

The good news is that we found a great place just up the street (about 4/10 of a miles away)...and the 2-car attached garage will be the fishroom (insulation is planned). We live in Potomac / Rockville very close to 270 Exit 5 (Fallsmead subdivision).

Move is planned for the afternoon / evening of Thursday, Sept 15.

We'll have a truck (and I think a pick-up and mini-van) and movers for the furniture but (of course) they want nothing to do with the bubbling cauldron of fish tanks in the basement (although I'm hoping that they'll help load / unload the three 100+g tanks in the basement).

That's where, I hope, my CCA buds will come in to assist :)

Most of my tanks are 30g or smaller (most are 2'x2'x1' 30g tanks) and most are lightly stocked. The plan is to drain tanks to a couple of inches and move them to the floor of the garage at the new place...and then fill them a bit more (I'll have a hose).

I'll also need some help moving the stands (blocks and 2 by wood).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Will have some pizza and beer and other drinks :) PM me for the address.4

Thanks much,
Matt

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Wish you guys didn't live so far away.
by the time I got off at 6 and drove through Baltimore and DC rush hour I probably would be
so frustrated I would be no help anyway.
Sorry.

dogofwar

CCA Members
No worries at all, Pat - you're way too far! Lot's of peeps in MoCo :)

Matt

Wish you guys didn't live so far away.
by the time I got off at 6 and drove through Baltimore and DC rush hour I probably would be
so frustrated I would be no help anyway.
Sorry.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I'll plan to post on here and PM folks.

We're planning to get started early with the furniture and household stuff on Thurs, Sept 15. That's gotta be moved before I even hint at moving the fish... which I think will be in the afternoon.

Sincerely folks - thanks for your help!

Matt

what time will you start? I'm retired, so I got all day.

I wish I could give you a hand but I am too far away. You have registered for the Keystone Klash, which is two days from your move. Are you still able to attend?

dogofwar

CCA Members
I'm registered to attend...but likely won't.

How about someone who helps can have my registration? :)

Matt

I wish I could give you a hand but I am too far away. You have registered for the Keystone Klash, which is two days from your move. Are you still able to attend?

dhavalsp

Members
I am probably late for this party. I can help tomorrow evening and Saturday evening...Pm me if the time is suitable.