• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Help identifying cichlid

Alanau

hi so i recently adopted this guy through a coworker who had a friend who was leaving the country for several months and he had no one to take care of this Lil guy 8-10” in actual size,
My coworker just showed up to work with it knowin i had several tanks and thought i could take it, so i brought it home. It’s in my 90 gal tank with some sunfish, i had a small jack Dempsey in there but had to move into another tank after a week Bc the new fish was beating him up, initially i thought it was a jack Dempsey when i got it but as it got comfortable in the tank it’s color became more prominent.

C3EF558C-8C9E-4F48-8E3D-43FEC88BF017.jpeg

15CBA1BB-C1A7-4C00-983D-159D899FD30C.jpeg

Alanau

It is a festae, but looks like it had some damage to its mouth and has grown back weird.
thats what i thought too, i had an oscar long time ago that got into a fight with a convict and had lips lookin like that after it healed, i assumed this guy was the last fish swimming since i did some research and they are pretty agressive... which explains why i had to take my jack dempsey out