• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hello there

lapintoxic

Members
Hello everyone,

I just joined the forum cca family and wanted to introduce myself as you might see me around looking for help and answers as I get back into the hobby.

I live in Ashburn, VA and currently have a 20G tank which is cycling for my son. I have had this tank for years but haven't used it for myself as I kept my eyes on finding a used acrylic tank to keep something bigger like cichlids or oscars.
Last week, I found a 55G Seaclear Acrylic tank with canopy and stand from Seaclear as well. I got the tank on Saturday and started renovating it using the Novus kit I already have in my possession and so far the results are pretty amazing.

My goal for this 55G is to use some equipment I had from another project that did not go as planned but also to get some diy lighting, a diy spray bar to begin with. I am looking to keep some African Cichlids in there with sand (pool filter sand). I have not done much research on the rocks yet but I am looking to see if maybe I can find some in the wild.

I'll probably open another thread with the tank to show the setup and how the project is moving along.

I am looking forward to see you around,
Flo

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org