• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hello from Annandale

Blmarsha

Members
Hi! I'm a one-year peacock keeper in Annandale, VA. I'm a member of PVAS since they meet much closer, but went to the BFD and certainly enjoy the forums! I currently have a lightly-stocked 75 gallon peacock tank (with some haps), and just bought a 125 to set up as an south american tank over the next few months. We have a little 10 gallon in the living room too. Still learning a lot, and enjoying the community quite a bit.

Blmarsha

Members
Thank you! I will post some pics as soon as I can find the right cable. I have a red empress from BFD that's a family favorite. It's good to know there's some folks closer to us.

Blmarsha

Members
Welcome! What kind of peacocks and haps do you keep?

I have a lot of LFS peacock mixes I'm not sure about (first tank enthusiasm)-- pinky, blackie, bluey and stripey. Eventually I'll try to get good pics for an ID, even if that ID is a guess. I also have an LSF yellow lab. For sure I have a Otter Point Aulonocara jacobfreibergi and a Kyoga Flameback from Dave's Rare Fish. And I picked up a Eureka Red Peacock at the BFD, along with a Red Cap and the Empress.

I'm still feeling my way, but so far so good. I had a oxblood mysteriously die, and lost a shipped fish because of the bag breaking. I'm also dealing with new-tank brown algae ATM, fun.

CichlidDan

Members
I have a lot of LFS peacock mixes I'm not sure about (first tank enthusiasm)-- pinky, blackie, bluey and stripey. Eventually I'll try to get good pics for an ID, even if that ID is a guess. I also have an LSF yellow lab. For sure I have a Otter Point Aulonocara jacobfreibergi and a Kyoga Flameback from Dave's Rare Fish. And I picked up a Eureka Red Peacock at the BFD, along with a Red Cap and the Empress.

I'm still feeling my way, but so far so good. I had a oxblood mysteriously die, and lost a shipped fish because of the bag breaking. I'm also dealing with new-tank brown algae ATM, fun.

Nice fish!

Blmarsha

Members
Thanks! Apparently I'm still learning how to discern males from females, as we now have about 30 fry of mysterious parentage. I'm going to grow them out this one time for practice and curiosity, but I did remove her from the tank before she spit. They are cute little guys.
10puiog.jpg

Last edited: