• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hello All

BBorski

CCA Members
Hi I’m Ben, Im just over a year into this hobby as I started my first tank around Christmas last year. I’m currently living in Gaithersburg and have two tanks. I have a 36 bow front that is stocked with community fish and a pair of rams and a 7.5 gallon cube with nano fish. I recently discovered this group while looking through a forum where they mentioned the Big fish deal, and seeing how I’m relatively new to the hobby I thought joining would be a good way to learn and get some tips from people who have successfully kept fish. I look forward to seeing some of you at the BFD in February.

halak

Members
Welcome to the club, Ben. If you ever need plants, let me know. I am at the Damascus side of Gaithersburg.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Welcome! Shame you can't make the February meeting, but BFD will give you a chance to meet a ton of people, learn new and interesting stuff, and find plenty of fish/food/dry goods for sale. Viktor is a great source for plants, you'll find yourself immersed and needing more tanks very quickly.

halak

Members
I could not send you a PM due to your privacy settings, so since you asked, Ben, I got extras of:

- Bolbitis heudelotti
- Cryptocoryne pontederiifolia
- Cryptocoryne wendtii
- Echinodorus 'Kleiner Prinz'
- Helanthium bolivianum ‘quadricostatus’
- Hygrophila corymbosa 'Angustifolia'
- Lobelia cardinalis (albeit outside now)
- Ludwigia repens
- Myriophyllum sp. ‘Guyana’
- Najas guadalupensis
- Nymphoides hydrophylla 'Taiwan'
- Pogostemon quadrifolius ‘Octopus’
- Rotala rotundifolia
- Rotala sp. ‘Vietnam’
- Sagittaria cf. subulata
- Staurogyne sp. 'Bihar'
- Vallisneria nana

BBorski

CCA Members
I could not send you a PM due to your privacy settings, so since you asked, Ben, I got extras of:

- Bolbitis heudelotti
- Cryptocoryne pontederiifolia
- Cryptocoryne wendtii
- Echinodorus 'Kleiner Prinz'
- Helanthium bolivianum ‘quadricostatus’
- Hygrophila corymbosa 'Angustifolia'
- Lobelia cardinalis (albeit outside now)
- Ludwigia repens
- Myriophyllum sp. ‘Guyana’
- Najas guadalupensis
- Nymphoides hydrophylla 'Taiwan'
- Pogostemon quadrifolius ‘Octopus’
- Rotala rotundifolia
- Rotala sp. ‘Vietnam’
- Sagittaria cf. subulata
- Staurogyne sp. 'Bihar'
- Vallisneria nana
Id be interested in a few of these, I'm still trying to figure out how to PM and even though I changed my settings I seem to be unable to start a private conversation.

FishEggs

It will let you PM after a certain number of posts in the forum. This is to weed out spammers and bots.

stany

CCA Members
Welcome. The folks here are first hand experience experts in anything freshwater fish, plants. shrimp, and food. And for some reason try to draw you into Cichlid fever and have multiple tanks. Pod people thing I'm thinking, but nice/helpful people.

Becca

Members
If you are interested in plants, you should also check out our "sister" club, GWAPA (www.gwapa.org). They have monthly swap meets and, if you join as a paid member, you get access to GWAPA's "stockroom," which includes some really great hardscape, substrate, and.... LIGHTS!