• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

green terror is I'll and needs help

Devin Gibson

CCA Members
Fish had what i thought was hole in the head....i tried to treat by doing major water changes often but that didn't help. I then noticed fuzz growing on it and the eye getting a white haze. What is the best coarse of action. I treated tank with general cure 2 days ago. Should I just wait it out ?

IMG_20171208_135814294.jpg

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Treat with anti-fungal meds to cure the secondary infection. I LOVE Pimafix. It works like gangbusters on most fungal infections. Not sure what the best cure for hole in the head is, but that's definitely your root cause from what I can tell.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Enteric septicemia - Hole in the head, is a bacterial infection. So I would use Melafix and Pimafix together for 7-10 days. Treat the whole tank. Good luck!

Devin Gibson

CCA Members
Enteric septicemia - Hole in the head, is a bacterial infection. So I would use Melafix and Pimafix together for 7-10 days. Treat the whole tank. Good luck!
Melafix is working....he's doing good .put him in a tank with smaller fish so he doesn't get pushed around while he doesn't feel good

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Melafix is working....he's doing good .put him in a tank with smaller fish so he doesn't get pushed around while he doesn't feel good

Yup. I would be carefully optimistic. Hole in the head is the main issue, but watch for the secondary fungal infection. It looks like one was starting.