• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Good program at CCY Yesterday

finzz

Members
Matt Quinn gave an excellent talk at the CCY meeting yesterday, especially considering that he had very short notice. He had some great images of collecting in Uruguay and techniques for keeping fish alive during shipping or moving. Even folks that have been doing this kind of thing for a long time learned some things.

Nice program, Matt!

dogofwar

CCA Members
Thanks Don - I really enjoyed putting the presentation together and sharing!

Title was "Transporting and Acclimating Wild Fish: Lessons from the Road in Uruguay" and was both about how to keep fish alive on the road on a collecting trip and how to apply those techniques to moving, shipping fish, etc.

Look forward to seeing lots of CCY folks at BFD!

Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
It was my pleasure! Was headed up anyway and been thinking about this topic for awhile.

Some bonuses yesterday:
- A friend of a CCY member runs a BBQ place in Hanover and brought some awesome BBQ, mac-n-cheese, beans and - my favorite - brussel sprouts. On top of the great food and snacks other folks brought!

- Don Kinyon brought some nice Apistos and Cory cats. Despite my exclamations that these fish are worth like $15 or $20 each, some folks got some great deals.

- We raised almost $100 toward a CCY member getting his head shaved for St. Baldrick's Foundation in support of curing childhood cancer through a raffle for a nice nano-tank set-up. Somehow I won the raffle...and will donate the set-up to be a BFD raffle item...and raise more funds.

If you haven't been to a CCY meeting, please check one out! There will be lots of CCY folks at the Big Fish Deal :)

Matt

That was awesome of you to fill in, Matt!