• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Going to Aquafest (Oct 18-20)?

Are you going to AquaFest (Oct 18-20)?

• Yes - I've registered or plan to

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • Yes - but I'm only going to the auction

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Maybe - I'm on the fence

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • No - not planning to go (Why?)

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters

WendyFish

Members
I've got lots of other things to do, I'm allergic to meetings and sitting listening to long talks, my tanks are pretty well stocked, and while room sales are cool, driving out to Dulles and then back at 10 pm after a long week of work doesn't sound like fun.

I'm on the fence because the speakers are excellent, the auction will have cool stuff, and lots of my friends will be there.

That's why.

I expect I'll sit on the fence until right before Aquafest.

This is better than I could put it; I'm in a similar position in terms of time balancing and lecture burnout, although I'm closer geographically. +1 on the game time decision.

chriscoli

Administrator
Just a reminder, if you are planning on going, and want to book a room....the deadline to get one with the discounted meeting rate is October 4th! That's in 5 days!

You will be able to get a room after the 4th, but it'll be at the hotel's regular rate.

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
I voted "other" because I do have a room, but probably won't register until I walk up on Friday.
Blaise

dogofwar

CCA Members
Aquafest is coming up... Are you coming?

Please vote in the survey, even if you can't make it!

Any feedback you can provide about why you are or aren't planning to attend is valuable in planning future events.

Are there just too many events? Too few? ;)

You've seen all the speakers? Have other things going on?

Is the $20 registration too much? Too little?

Much appreciated,
Matt

Greengirl

Members
I will be happy to volunteer where ever I am needed. I will be sellign on 3 friday night though. I have a question about that. Is Friday night the only night we can sell from our hotel rooms? Or can we sell throughout the event and people trickle in and out?

jonclark96

Past CCA President
You can sell from your room all weekend, but I wouldn't expect much, if any, traffic on Saturday. Most folks will be down stairs at the convention.

verbal

CCA Members
You can sell from your room all weekend, but I wouldn't expect much, if any, traffic on Saturday. Most folks will be down stairs at the convention.

One of the purposes of the Sales Spree is so that you can do room sales and attend the convention/speakers. At a lot of other conventions people end up having to make a choice between which they concentrate on.

One or two prearranged sales from your room on Saturday, such as people arriving Sat morning isn't a big deal. However if you anticipate doing a lot of business on Saturday, I would check with the AquaFest chair first: chair@AquaFest2013.org. At the PVAS meeting it was stated that the Friday night Spree was the time that room sales would occur.

MonAndrew77

Members
Going Tonight to Aquafest

Folks,

I'm headed over tonight to Aquafest hoping to find a few fish. I'm especially interested in some nice Angels and some electric blue rams? Anyone have any of these to trade or sell?

Andrew

Ading522

Members
Folks,

I'm headed over tonight to Aquafest hoping to find a few fish. I'm especially interested in some nice Angels and some electric blue rams? Anyone have any of these to trade or sell?

Andrew

There's a lot of angels listed in the auction..but just in case maybe Greengirl may have some for sale in spree on three
As well as Dave sombach in jesse's room..

Should be a blast.. Too bad I can't come to the sales on spree tonight. :( #bummed
Sent from my XT1060 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App