• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Getting to the bottom of...the bottom...sort of...

Tannin Aquatics

CCA Members
We talk so much in the hobby about aquascaping, creating very unique aquarium displays, and utilizing all sorts of materials to achieve that goal. And we talk about seemingly every little aspect of the craft...Well, almost. And since I have a website, internet bandwidth, and a healthy interest in the arcane...let's talk about it!

14572405_1332639783427435_2163685429523927933_n_3b5735cb-4ade-4130-86ff-4ede403400f3_grande.jpg

(More brilliance from Johnny Ciotti)

One of the things that I always find a bit interesting in our aquascaping is that many of us just sort of seem to apply little thought to the substrate of our aquariums. I mean, if you're a planted aquarium geek, you'll spend a huge amount of time creating an "active" bottom, composed of varying fertilizers, aquatic sands, etc. However, the majority of us tend to find a substrate that looks cool to us, wash it, and throw it on the bottom. Done. (click to read more)