• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Geophagus for sale

FishEggs

I have 1 Geophagus possibly surinamensis? For sale. He/she is approximately 7 inches long and very healthy looking. H.O.T. has a small group of them (smaller in size) in stock as of last friday at i think it was $30ea. Make offer. Open to trades. Interested in larger west african fish. Pick up in Melford or can bring to meeting.
20180504_164022.jpg 20180504_164108.jpg 20180427_085818.jpg

Becca

Members
How large for larger West Africans? I ask because I have 3 female T. brichardi and currently no males. I've been looking for someone to take a female (no charge) and buy some males with me (if any become available). The point is to get someone else in the club keeping these.

FishEggs

Isnt T. brichardi a lake Tanganyika fish?
Im looking for the softer water african cichlids or even other fish that get to 5-6 inches to go with jewels and polypterus.

FishEggs

My interest has been peeked.
I am now wondering how they would fair with Steatocranus irvinei. Currently growing out fry.
Have you found a source for a male yet Becca?

Becca

Members
My interest has been peeked.
I am now wondering how they would fair with Steatocranus irvinei. Currently growing out fry.
Have you found a source for a male yet Becca?
Jeff Michels is expecting more soon. They share habitat with Steatocranus tinanti and/or casuarius, I believe, but are also territorial. Keeping them with Congo tetras and the black Barombi Mbo Cichlids that I intermittently forget the name of.

FishEggs

Who is Jeff Michels and does he have a website/stock list? Currently hunting for some female Thoracochromis demeusii.

Jlovell

Members
I have 1 Geophagus possibly surinamensis? For sale. He/she is approximately 7 inches long and very healthy looking. H.O.T. has a small group of them (smaller in size) in stock as of last friday at i think it was $30ea. Make offer. Open to trades. Interested in larger west african fish. Pick up in Melford or can bring to meeting.
View attachment 19378 View attachment 19379 View attachment 19380
Hello I have a 180 gallon tank full of Geos and would love to have your guy. I have a Vieja that I am trying to sell and also plecos for sale.