• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Geophagus brasiliensis

IKANBETUTU

Members
0429201238g.jpg0429201252.jpg0429201314a.jpg0429201327c.jpg0429201327d.jpg decided to try something different so I picked up six of these from a local breeder. He also has red heads and red hump geos may get another group.

IKANBETUTU

Members
Nice, will be cool to watch them grow.

I miss the red head geos I used to have, looking forward to watching my sveni grow.
Thanks, it's been a long time since I kept goes. Like the look of the brasiliensis when they get big, they look like bruisers but are supposed to be peaceful. Gonna try my first peaceful S/A community tank. Good look with the sveni they have nice colors as adults.

MAV75

Members
Would you mind sharing who you got them from? I'm looking for some more Geos, I already have some Red Head Tapajos but looking for other species. Thanks.

Freakgecko

Members
Thanks, it's been a long time since I kept goes. Like the look of the brasiliensis when they get big, they look like bruisers but are supposed to be peaceful. Gonna try my first peaceful S/A community tank. Good look with the sveni they have nice colors as adults.
“Peaceful” is definitely not the first word that comes to mind with Brasiliensis lol definitely on the more aggressive end of the scale as far as geophagus-types go (geophagus, retroculus, satanoperca, gymnogeophagus, guianacara, etc)

IKANBETUTU

Members
“Peaceful” is definitely not the first word that comes to mind with Brasiliensis lol definitely on the more aggressive end of the scale as far as geophagus-types go (geophagus, retroculus, satanoperca, gymnogeophagus, guianacara, etc)
So far they are very peaceful compared to the cichlids I normally keep, my Haitians would destroy these little guys. They are awesome to watch. Jack dempseys are the least aggressive cichlids I've kept in a while and these little guys are not as aggressive as jacks so I would consider them peaceful. These little guys are characters they chase each other but don't ruff each other up at all. Only time will tell. I also have red hump geophagus coming tomorrow.

Freakgecko

Members
So far they are very peaceful compared to the cichlids I normally keep, my Haitians would destroy these little guys. They are awesome to watch. Jack dempseys are the least aggressive cichlids I've kept in a while and these little guys are not as aggressive as jacks so I would consider them peaceful. These little guys are characters they chase each other but don't ruff each other up at all. Only time will tell. I also have red hump geophagus coming tomorrow.

Oh yeah, they’re pushovers compared to most of the centrals lol they’re pretty aggressive feeders as adults. My buddy had a massive one that hit pellets just as hard as his peacock bass

IKANBETUTU

Members
0613202201.jpg0613202201a.jpg0613202202a.jpg0613202203.jpg0613202203b.jpg0613202203c.jpg0613202203f.jpg0613202203h.jpg had these about a month and a half biggest was slightly over a inch, now he is a solid four inches this geo is a monster. They have been in a ten gallon moved them to a twenty high today. Gonna put them in a thirty three long once I move my electric catfish.