• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS: Proven pair of Teleogramma brichardi

Becca

Members
Male and female, spawn regularly, particularly in the winter months. These are an unusual and uncommonly available cichlid from the Congo River rapids. Good water movement/dissolved oxygen is essential to their health. They eke out territories under rounded stones and move in a fun "darting" motion courtesy of undersized swim bladders. Colorful and sassy.

It's worth noting that I've lovingly nicknamed these fish "murder noodles." This is not without cause. They will eat small fish and will torment each other if not provided adequate territories and hides. For that reason, I recommend keeping them in at least a 4-foot aquarium with a few areas of flat-ish stones for them to burrow under and some branches where a fish who wants to get away can escape by going high. Providing current helps keep them from being overly aggressive because aggression takes extra work when there's strong current. I have kept these fish for years, with a variety of tank mates, including Congo tetras, Anomalochromis thomasii, Pelvicachromis pulcher, Synodontis, plecos, and Congo garras. Some of their offspring were auctioned at BFD.

$60, OBO.

Becca

Members
Trade you the 50 breeder for them?

Honestly, I can't even begin to think of where I'd put it. While I could swap it for a 40 breeder, it would require breaking down 1 of 2 and the thought of doing that at this point exhausts me. It' s not even been 2 weeks since I moved the current residents into those tanks.

Becca

Members
I'm interested, but I live in PA. I'm also working extra hours until mid-January.

They're still here. I cannot fathom shipping them right now given just how often packages are going missing (not to mention the weather). I'm in a similar boat - working more hours than I'm paid for and trying to juggle 2 kids on top of that. If you find a time that you could come pick up, let me know.