• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS: Pelvicachromis pulcher

Becca

Members
I have a pair of common Kribensis (plus a spare male) that are incredibly colorful and spawn incessantly. They are in a tank where their fry are delicious snacks for the focal inhabitants. Should anyone want to try their hands at keeping and spawning these endearing fish, let me know. $10 for pair plus spare. If it weren't going to take me several hours and a partial tear down to catch them, they'd be free.

stany

CCA Members
I'd be interested in the spare male for my all male tank if he doesn't go with the breeding pair.

stany

CCA Members
How so? Not that the internet is the best source but I've seen they tolerate temps and Ph in a close ranges.

Jim Anderson

CCA Members
I agree with Becca., They are fun, smaller, very colorful cichlids-one of my favorites. I always kept them in a nuetral to slightly acidic PH tank with live plants, rocks and driftwood and other community fish.

stany

CCA Members
That does not describe my all male cichlid tank. They are colorful and sounds like they would fit in my community 50 gallon.but it has 2 Bolivian Butterfly Rams. I've heard it's not a good idea to mix African and Central America cichlids.

Becca

Members
That does not describe my all male cichlid tank. They are colorful and sounds like they would fit in my community 50 gallon.but it has 2 Bolivian Butterfly Rams. I've heard it's not a good idea to mix African and Central America cichlids.
They'd do great in that tank.

stany

CCA Members
In the community tank I have a couple small cichlid caves I thought the Rams would use but they seem to avoid. The 6 inch common pleco does own the largest cave and I can move that away from the smallest caves he can't fit in. I do have some Beckfordi pencil fish, cardinal and white (glo-fish my wife liked for her office) tetras in the tank. I just turned on the lights to take this picture so most inhabitants are sleeping/hiding in the weeds. It's over filtered with Fluval 306 and 406 with 20% water changes every 2 weeks. TBI maybe.

I can pick up anytime I'm not playing golf.

IMG_0395[1].JPG

Freakgecko

Members
That tank looks perfect for kribs. They’re much more like the South American dwarves, like rams or apistos, than rift lake cichlids

Becca

Members
They'd love that tank. They're not super sensitive fish, but they're not "typical" Africans. They're a west-African Cichlid, so they like conditions similar to most S. American fish. They tolerate a wide temperature range and are generally forgiving of lapses in water quality. They might eat an occasional shrimp, but they seem to be perfectly happy to stick to food they don't have to chase. The only time they're territorial is when they have fry. Outside of that, they won't care if other caves are near theirs. Their fry, if you do not want to raise them all the time, would make great snacks for your all male tank.

stany

CCA Members
Not sure how they would fend off a 6" Pleco if I didn't move his preferred cave. I plan on going to the next meeting and could pick them up there.

Becca

Members
Not sure how they would fend off a 6" Pleco if I didn't move his preferred cave. I plan on going to the next meeting and could pick them up there.

Believe me, they manage. These manage to raise fry for 2-3 weeks in a tank with 3 Teleogramma brichardi, a BNP, 3 Mochokiella paynei, 7 Stomatepia pindu, and 8 full-grown Congo tetras.

I can't make the April meeting because of family obligations, but I will be at the April GWAPA meeting, if that helps.

stany

CCA Members
Well I'd love to give them a try. As far as GWAPA I'm not so much a plant guy. I took over the tank shown from my step-son when he moved out three years ago. He started all the plants. I'm just playing the gardener role, trimming the java fern when they get wild and trying not to kill anything. We can shoot for the May meeting if you don't mind waiting. Otherwise I could pick them up. I'm about a hour away or we could meet in Rockville if your not crazy about people coming to your home.

Becca

Members
Well I'd love to give them a try. As far as GWAPA I'm not so much a plant guy. I took over the tank shown from my step-son when he moved out three years ago. He started all the plants. I'm just playing the gardener role, trimming the java fern when they get wild and trying not to kill anything. We can shoot for the May meeting if you don't mind waiting. Otherwise I could pick them up. I'm about a hour away or we could meet in Rockville if your not crazy about people coming to your home.

I'm A-OK with visitors and the May meeting would be fine, too. Send me a PM and let me know which you'd prefer.

young nick

CCA Members
If that doesn't work out, let me know! They could be great centerpiece for my 75g community featuring Endler's, Dwarf Gourami, bn plecos, cory cats and kuhlis

Becca

Members
If that doesn't work out, let me know! They could be great centerpiece for my 75g community featuring Endler's, Dwarf Gourami, bn plecos, cory cats and kuhlis

That would, indeed, be a great tank for them. "Stany" seems to think you would be a better bet than he is, so let me know if/when you want to come pick them up :).