• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS: Leopard Zebra plecos

Becca

Members
Captive bred juveniles of rare Hypancistrus sp. L174.

$80 each or 2 for $150.

These are about 1" and very healthy. Adult fish grow to about 2.5" with tails.

Hatched during the last week of August (2 months old). They take variety of prepared foods and especially like Tropical carnivore tabs.

Pick-up in Damascus MD.

Will also consider trades for similarly sized L046.20211030_111345.jpg20211030_111501.jpg20211030_111549.jpg20211030_111423.jpg

Becca

Members
these are super cool

Thanks! I realize the price is hard to swallow but these are worth every penny and then some. They are very rare and threatened with habitat destruction. They are among the smallest growing plecostomus (possibly the smallest). Due to their size, they usually lay only 7-15 eggs. Even when available, they go quickly and little ones like this can easily retail for $120.

Becca

Members
Im currently looking for a tank. How many you recommend to ensure there is at least one female?
Sam's stats, above, are a good summary. I would buy at least 4 (that's what I started with). My starters were slightly (not much, honestly) larger than my babies are now and I managed to pick 2M and 2F, but I still think it was likely dumb luck. If you want to come by at some point to look at my spawning set-up, let me know.

IndianaSam

CCA Members
Sam's stats, above, are a good summary. I would buy at least 4 (that's what I started with). My starters were slightly (not much, honestly) larger than my babies are now and I managed to pick 2M and 2F, but I still think it was likely dumb luck. If you want to come by at some point to look at my spawning set-up, let me know.
The correct answer is actually "buy all of them" ;-)

Becca

Members
Becca I’m still interested I’ll be reaching out as soon as I get my hands on a tank

No worries, I haven't sold any because, at half the price of retail, they're still not cheap.

These guys would be fine with 20-30 gallons to grow out. I keep the adults in 40, but a tank that big really isn't necessary.