• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS: Central American Cichlids

littlen

CCA Members
I think I'm going to go a different direction with my tank and I'm looking to offload a handful of fish. All fish are pick-up only. Located in Centreville VA, (near Dulles Airport). PM me for pics and prices if interested.

1.0 adult Thorichthys aureus "Gold".
This handsome fellow was purchased from WetSpot in Nov. '17. His caudal peduncle is slightly turned upward (genetic) but he is otherwise flawless and a peaceful member of the tank.

1.1 adult Hypsophrys nicaraguensis
This is a great looking pair purchased from TUIC in Jan. '17. Unfortunately they haven't had the opportunity to breed due to light bullying. Otherwise they stay together constantly.

1.0 adult Vieja melanura
This stud rules the tank but is peaceful as far as a large, male, Vieja sp. goes. This is also a TUIC specimen purchased in Jan. '17.

2.1 juvenile Amtitlania myrnae
These rare fish are a MCHAMBERS special. The heffer is showing breeding colors but she hasn't had a spawn yet.

Pictures of most of the fish can be found here; https://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/threads/silicone.33063/#post-275908 . Note, the T. aureus pictured is NOT the one for sale. I can provide an updated one if you're need be.

Acara19

CCA Members
Dang, if I wasn't so far away I'd take the Myrnae
My HRP pair just split so I have room for a pair of con type things now, and those myrnae look really nice.

littlen

CCA Members
The Myrnae are spoken for, but there are still some handsome Med/Lg ones available that would coexist well with the HRPs.

Acara19

CCA Members
Oh I got the HRP in separate tanks now, the myrnae would be sharing the tank with a pair of nanolutea.

littlen

CCA Members
Sorry, I meant to say, .........."but there are still some [other species of] handsome Med/Lg [cichlids available] that would coexist [with your fish].

I think the Amatitlania sp. are just too nimble and crafty to get outwitted or picked on by some of the bigger/heavier bodied fish.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I recommend against keeping nanos with other cichlids. They will get stressed and eventually perish, in my experience.

Devin Gibson

CCA Members
I think I'm going to go a different direction with my tank and I'm looking to offload a handful of fish. All fish are pick-up only. Located in Centreville VA, (near Dulles Airport). PM me for pics and prices if interested.

1.0 adult Thorichthys aureus "Gold".
This handsome fellow was purchased from WetSpot in Nov. '17. His caudal peduncle is slightly turned upward (genetic) but he is otherwise flawless and a peaceful member of the tank.

1.1 adult Hypsophrys nicaraguensis
This is a great looking pair purchased from TUIC in Jan. '17. Unfortunately they haven't had the opportunity to breed due to light bullying. Otherwise they stay together constantly.

1.0 adult Vieja melanura
This stud rules the tank but is peaceful as far as a large, male, Vieja sp. goes. This is also a TUIC specimen purchased in Jan. '17.

2.1 juvenile Amtitlania myrnae
These rare fish are a MCHAMBERS special. The heffer is showing breeding colors but she hasn't had a spawn yet.

Pictures of most of the fish can be found here; https://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/threads/silicone.33063/#post-275908 . Note, the T. aureus pictured is NOT the one for sale. I can provide an updated one if you're need be.
Is the red head male vieja available?