• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS: African cichlids fry/juveniles/adults

seronels

CCA Members
I have fry and a few adults up for sale. Please inquire for pricing and pictures.

Pseudotropheus “Acei” Ngara White Tail - 9 adults, active breeders
Chindongo flavus -5 adult females Metriaclima elongatus Chewere 1-1.5”
Pseudotropheus polit Lion’s Cove 1-2”
Chindongo flavus 1-1.5”
Platytaeniodus degeni (rare) 1-1.5”

Currently growing out:
Callochromis pleurospilus fry
Cyprichromis leptosoma Mamalesa fry
Pseudotropheus “Acei” Ngara White Tail fry
Platytaeniodus degeni fry
Neolamprologus pulcher fry

Economizt

CCA Members
I have fry and a few adults up for sale. Please inquire for pricing and pictures.

Chindongo flavus -5 adult females Metriaclima elongatus Chewere 1-1.5”
Chindongo flavus 1-1.5”

Currently growing out:
Interested in the cyps and platytaeniodus, are they ready to go?

seronels

CCA Members
The Cyps are still about 0.5”. I have around 8 Platytaeniodus at 1-1.5”.

I’d say the Cyps need more growing unless you are comfortable with getting fish that small.

Jeromee

Members
How much for the leptosoma? How many available? Can't message you yet, you can email me my screen name @ gmail dot com

seronels

CCA Members

Chindongo flavus -5 adult Metriaclima elongatus Chewere 1-1.5”
Chindongo flavus 1-1.5”

Currently growing out:

Metriaclima elongatus Chewere are sold out.

bdw1889

CCA Members
As well as the Pulchers. I have a 36inx18inx18in tank, (40 gallons ish) canister filter rated for 100 gallon tank. If I bought these fry and raised them up as the only stock, how many do you think I can buy? I am new to African cichlids (Well I breed Pelviachromas teniatus) but have lots of soft water tanks, as well as a 55 gallon display vivarium with thumbnail dart frogs, so I don’t think this will be too hard for me to figure out.

seronels

CCA Members
As well as the Pulchers. I have a 36inx18inx18in tank, (40 gallons ish) canister filter rated for 100 gallon tank. If I bought these fry and raised them up as the only stock, how many do you think I can buy? I am new to African cichlids (Well I breed Pelviachromas teniatus) but have lots of soft water tanks, as well as a 55 gallon display vivarium with thumbnail dart frogs, so I don’t think this will be too hard for me to figure out.

36x18x18 is a 50 gallon. Cichlids you can overstock a bit. My personal happy medium is 1.8” of fish per gallon. The Cyprichromis get about 4”. With them, you want at least 10 as they school. My Cyp fry are currently between 0.75” and 1”.

Unfortunately, I only have 1 pulcher as the other three died. I’d recommend against pulchers in a smaller tank anyways as they will take over the tank and kill everything. It’s why I had to get rid of mine.

1.8x50 = 90” of adult fish

If you get 10 Cyps, you would have about 40” so that’d leave 50” of fish you could put in the tank. You could do some Altos or Julie’s if you wanna build rock structures. If you want more open water look, you could do Callochromis (sand sifters) or Aulonocranus. I have tons of Callochromis fry, but my Aulonocranus and Altos haven’t bred yet.

Email me at seronels@gmail.com if and when you want the Cyp fry.

bdw1889

CCA Members
I asked another member about his cyps he said he had 3 left but I’ll tell him Nevermind as I think a larger group would be better than just 3. As far as the sandsifters, I like them, I have been reading in on the Xenotilapia genus and would love to get my hands on a group of those to go with some cyps. Maybe have a few piles of rocks in corners and rest open water with fine sand. I like the look of the Callochromis, but I know nothing about them. Would I be able to stock a group with multiple Males and females, or simply just one male to a harem of females?

seronels

CCA Members
The Callochromis pleurospilus have the smallest territory of any of the sand sifters. I have 3 males in a 4’ tank with mixed rock and sand.