• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FREE TO CCA MEMBER: Hoplarchus Psittacus

rsanz

monster tank newbie
Hi all,

I have a Hoplarchus psittacus (true parrot cichlid) that is in need of a new home. His parrot brother/sister and oscar roommates have decided he is no longer welcome and have really put a beating on him. He/she is still eating, but is a little bit worse for wear with some torn fins and missing scales. It should heal up just fine in a calmer environment.

Let me know if you are a CCA member and could provide a comfortable home for it. I've raised it from 2" from Jeff Rapps stock. It is now around 6-7". I will be keeping the dominant parrot.

Thanks.

Drmavis

CCA Members
Hi, if you still him, i could nurse him back to health and give him a long term home in my 210 gal (tankmates: angelfish, 3 chocolate cichlids, thorichthys ellioti, kribensis). I've never kept parrot cichlids but from what I've read think he might fit in nicely with my mix. I'm located in Rockville 20853.

Mike

rsanz

monster tank newbie
HI Mike,

I am also in Rockville 20853, so this could work well. I'll send you a PM.

JLW

CCA Members
If Mike falls through, I have a small group of these guys. It's a mixed bag of cichlids and large cyprinids in there, but no one bothers the ones in there.

rsanz

monster tank newbie
If Mike falls through, I have a small group of these guys. It's a mixed bag of cichlids and large cyprinids in there, but no one bothers the ones in there.
Thanks, Josh. I haven't heard back from Mike, but I'll follow up and let you know.