1. You liked BFD6 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. BFD 7: February 15-17, 2019 at the Hyatt Regency in Bethesda
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Big Fish Deal....February 15-18
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The BIG FISH DEAL... New month.... New location.... Same GREAT time!
    Dismiss Notice

Free to a good home Hybrid? Yellow Labs

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by stany, Jul 9, 2018.

1. stany

stany CCA Members

Stan Yackoski
    Last Activity:
    Tuesday at 10:02 PM
    I have, what I thought, is an all male tank. A couple months ago while doing a water change I noticed what I thought was debris moving around the wood structure. I don't remove the wood to clean the gravel and as it looked like it was floating I was more focused on the gravel. Two months ago I saw what appear to be Yellow Lab fry. I have a lot of rocks they could have hid in and around. I figured they would end up as a snack for the 4+ inch fish but the little buggers are growing and quick to duck for cover when large fish swims by. Two weeks ago when I did a water change there were 9 of them. There was 5 about 1 1/4 inch and 4 well under 1 inch. I'm assuming 2 different spawns. They are much more bold and I see them all the time now. I have a Yellow Lab and a Clown Lab in the tank added 8 months and 6 months ago. I'll deal with that later as I don't see any breeding activity. Most look like yellow lab fry but a couple had no yellow. I am fighting MTS with strong support from my wife, So I'm looking to give them away whatever I have when I do a water change this week to the first taker. I have to assume they are hybrids and either my yellow or clown lab is female. .

2. stany

stany CCA Members

Stan Yackoski
    Last Activity:
    Have a taker if we can work out the logistics.

3. stany

stany CCA Members

Stan Yackoski
    Last Activity:
    Didn't work out logistics. But wait, Stop the madness.Today I saw 2-3/8 inch wigglers that look like Labs peeking out from under rocks. My tank is heavily rocked but I have not seen any two fish courting. Chasing a little, yes, but nothing close to what I've read is breeding activity, especially with the Yellow Lab. Still looking to give away now 11 (or more) hybrid and taking offers for a proven pair of Yellow and Clown Lab.