• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Free Damaged Via-aqua Tank Set-up

marya

Members
Hi all. One of my best friends has a 60 gallon, glass, Via-Aqua show tank with a broken rear pane. This is a picture of the set-up.

Via Aqua 60gal radial corner tank

The tank was broken during a move into her new home here on Kent Island. She's been hanging on to the set in hopes of having it repaired but has now decided to just let it go. While I wouldn't go so far as to say that repair is impossible, it would be much more difficult on this tank than on a standard style tank. The glass is set into a vacuum-formed plastic frame. It's a shame because it's a gorgeous glass tank with curved front corners. In any case, if any of you would be interested in trying to repair this, use it for reptiles, or part it out, please send me a pm. The tank with its stand, light fixture, and integral wet-dry filter is available for free to anyone who will drive over here to Kent Island and pick it up. If you want specific pictures of the tank let me know and I'll snap some. I can also answer other questions you have about the set.

Thanks,
Marya