• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Foreign Language Fish

marge618

CCA member
Mezi cichlidami rodu Cyprichromis se prohn i velc tanganjit halanci Lamprichthys tanganicanus.
In English this might say =Tanganyika Lamp-eye

So, what is this pretty fish? Mottled grey-green with tiny spots on top, reddish belly, close to 100 little yellow speckles. Looks like a cichlid to me...but killifish people are talking about it in a foreign language. Wish I could show you the fish pic too.
Later,
Marge

maddog10

Members
This is the killie fish they are talking about. Not a very good photo, it is a young fish.
killie-1.jpg

marge618

CCA member
This is the killie fish they are talking about. Not a very good photo, it is a young fish.
killie-1.jpg
[/b]

Mike: It's kind of hard to imagine that will grow up to be the fish shown on the internet. I googled and found lots of fish pictures listed under that killie fish. They didn't all look like the same fish either. (Do people post pics incorrectly id'ed?) Think I'd better keep looking for a similar pic to post. I must be misreading the foreign language fish news.
Later,
Marge

maddog10

Members
This is a juvie of the killie fish. In your post they are also talking about some cyprichromis, which is a completely different fish.