• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Fluval FX Series Filters on sale at Petsmart

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I usually wouldn't plug a sale at Petsmart, as I try to support any LFS when possible, but sometimes a sale is too hard to pass up.

Fluval FX series filters are on sale at Petsmart through Sunday; FX4 for $199, FX6 for $249. You can even get up to a 25% off coupon online or through the Petsmart app and get the FX6 under $200, which is a great deal.

Just FYI for anyone looking for a large canister filter. They also have all filter media buy one get one half off.

Now I need to make a trip to House of Tropicals to assuage my guilt, I haven't been since stay at home orders have been in effect.

Currently setting up a new tank I'll post details about soon.

FishEggs

Of course they are. I just bought one 2-1/2 weeks ago.
I swung by H.O.T. on my way home sunday and kept on going. About 2 dozen people in line outside waiting to go in. I think 5 people are allowed in at one time?

FishEggs

Was this sale in store only? Online the price is $349 for the fx6. And I'm not finding a 25% off coupon.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Was this sale in store only? Online the price is $349 for the fx6. And I'm not finding a 25% off coupon.
Seems like it, I didn't know about it until I saw the price tag in the store. I even checked the local ad and it's not advertised there. The 25% off coupon can be obtained through playing games in the Petsmart app, but I thought there might be other coupon codes online.

I saw the price in 2 different stores, so it should be at all of them, but apparently you have to leave your house to take advantage.

FishEggs

Ok I found the price advertised in their local sales ad. Why they wouldnt show that in their search online is ridiculous. They lost a sale from me. I would have been happy to go pick one up at the store for that price. When I looked it up on their website it showed $349 so I bought it off ebay for $299. Was the cheapest I could find online searching various websites at that time. Sales circular says from may 4 so they could have had my money.

Goonie

CCA Members
they run that sale about every 3-4 months, it generally pops up shortly after the DPG at Petco. I have 3 fx6s now and haven't paid over 240 for one yet. The media sale isn't as good as it looks when you compare it to some of the sales on that stuff places like chewy runs. Chewys my goto for sale stuff picked up 6 bags of eco complete a few months ago for 19.99 a bag from there with free shipping.

I try to support the little/local guy, but when they want 1 dollar for a ghost shrimp and 300+ for a 48in aquasky 150+ for sunsuns, it makes it kind of hard.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
That was the first time I had seen it, but I don't go into Petsmart too often. I rarely buy media anymore, as I only use sponges and ceramic rings, so they're reusable for quite a while. Just thought I'd put it out there, but the internet has tons of options nowadays.

LFS are put in a tough spot because they don't get the prices that large suppliers do, and they generally have higher overhead compared to revenue than larger stores. For me it's wort spending a little extra money to help them stay in business, but I know thats tougher on larger purchases. Reminder that HOT and some other LFS offer a discount on fish/plants if you have your CCA membership card.

Goonie

CCA Members
I still buy a ton of stuff from locals, mostly wood and stone, but a buck for a ghost shrimp, i add 100 at a time for my cichlids as treats..... usually runs me about 20 bucks I couldn't do 100 for em lol no way.

Thanks Mike as well, took me awhile to get to the 25% coupon playing the game, but finally did it so I'll be trying to track down a PetSmart that has them still in stock. I know the in store price is $249 for the FX6.