• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Florida cichlids

FishEggs

Do you have a fishing license? If not, none of them. :)
I'll be down in Florida in just over a week. Hoping to find some natives down there myself.

FishEggs

Taking my son to see LEGOland and Sea World and Discovery Cove.
Hoping in between all of that i can find a spot or two to fish out some nice little specimens.

FishEggs

Looks like a good start. Is this the one you're going to put native fishes in?

Bob Boch Sonny Disposition Sonny Disposition probably knows about the fish you can collect there.

lock jaw

CCA Members
How big are they? This forum has people with more experience than me but I don't think all these species will get along when they become adults. When I had one electric blue he was so aggressive to my peacocks, he killed one too.

MelissaRoberts

CCA Members
They are almost full grown and get along for the most part. All though the electric blue chased a female out of the tank while trying to mate with her.

lock jaw

CCA Members
Well you should get 2 or 3 more females for one male if you want to breed them. Otherwise he will harass and maybe kill her.

MelissaRoberts

CCA Members
Ya I know I wasn’t thinking about that at the time though. But I also did not intentionally get a mail and female. I got them at pet supper market and they do not know how to tell the difference.

lock jaw

CCA Members
Haha I didnt even notice that. That fish next to the red flower like thing looks like a Mbuna cichlid.