• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Fishy Smarts

Becca

Members
Mine get all excited if they think there's any chance they'll be fed, but then swim away if I take out a camera or phone to try to snap photos.

neut

Members
Bit of a case of science catching up to what observant hobbyists have known all along, I think. Mine absolutely know me from strangers, know what food containers mean, get excited when fish in nearby tanks are feeding, and other similar things. I have a 13 yr. old kapampa gibberosa male that has invented little games, like capturing an air bubble at the surface then diving to the bottom of the tank and releasing it with an audible pop (if you're close enough to hear it) and repeating this for several minutes. Sometimes he's trying to get me to feed him, other times he simply seems to be passing the time.

stany

CCA Members
That's hilarious. I only turn on the canopy light when I feed mine. They run for cover except for the smaller ones who dart out of cover to grab a pellet or two then the larger ones patrol to get there share after a few minutes.