• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Fishroom Remodel

JustRon

Members
Since I am going to try and get more involved in the club and in breeding again, I decided to remodel/reorganize the fishroom again. Man, this just keep happening.

I started about 2 weeks ago. Added a rack of tanks, then took down a single tank on stand and replaced it with another rack of tanks.

This weekend saw the moving of another area and the addition of another 2 racks. I am really not enjoying this............... :smashfreakB:

So today saw the running of the final power strips, heaters, lights and otherminor electrical work. All of that is NOW DONE :birthday: .

So, I am still working on lids, cleaning, picking up the mess left behind, sealing as much as I can for humidity sake, and then I will call this finished.

I don't know if this was the smartest move on my part, but the upgrade to the fishroom should be worth it. Either that, or I should have torn it all down.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Sounds good Ron.... I too need to build some racks as well. Who know's when I will have time, but hopefully by February.

Get some pix Man!

maddog10

Members
:addpics2:

:D[/b]

I don't need pictures, I saw it in person.

Francine,
There were tanks, lights heaters, filters, water and fish ---- you know, just like every other fishroom!

DeeCee

Members
OK Francine......... I took some pictures for ya, girlfriend.

We got the fishroom DONE tonight, and then Ron had to get the floor all
vacuumed nice & neat. He PROMISED me he knew how to use the vacuum,
so I'll post this picture for you tonight...........

100_2788.jpg

Just remember -- YOU asked for the picture!!!!

DC

mscichlid

Founder
Oh my God! I laughed out loud here at work. Good thing nobody was here because I would have to explain and show the pic. Maybe I will anyway.

Mike I was there early Saturday morning and got a pike! So there! LOL!

DeeCee

Members
LOL Francine - Mike came on Sunday & brought more tanks.........hey wait a minute!!
He was supposed to bring EMPTY tanks. How did he end up filling one for us??? BAD MIKEY!!! :smashfreakB:

Mike said he was going to bring "about 20 fry"......Someone needs to teach that boy to count, cuz there's 70 in there!
100_2790.jpg

OK, ok - onto the fish room shots..........

oooopsie - forgot we used both cameras........ gotta go download the other one. :11doh:

DC ::is Francine banging her head against the wall yet?::

DeeCee

Members
OK, here's the pictures I can get to right now. Ron downloaded more to his computer, so will have to get those later.

This is what the fishroom looks like now - Racks 1 & 2 - a 125, a couple 65s, and then the 220 Frontosa / Syno Grandulosa tank:
100_2784.jpg

This is Rack #3 that Ron added. It backs up to the Frontosa tank & has a 75 on top, then some 10's & 20's for breeders & additional fry. Hard to get a good shot without being inside the clothes dryer, sorry!
100_2786.jpg

Continuing around the room, racks 4 & 5 start to the right of the dryer.
100_2785.jpg

Here's where the "Island" starts; this is the left side facing the dryer area. It used to have one BIG tank there, now it looks like this -- rack #6 holds (2) 65's over a 125, rack #7 holds (6) 20's & (2) 40's - empty til Wednesday's shipment arrives
100_2780.jpg

Rack #8 has my discus & rams in a 75, and some 20 Talls underneath. Ron found some breeding cones & popped into those 20's.........He said the would be good for Madagascars -- WRONG - I think I need to get some discus & gettem breeding! HA!
100_2783.jpg

Rack #9 starts behind the discus tank and is the right side of the island. It is holding a 125 on top, and has a 10 (green water tank) and several 15's underneath -- all awaiting new arrivals this week! Rack #10 has a couple 40 Breeders on top and 65's on the bottom and ends to the left of the back door.
100_2781.jpg

To the right of the back door, we have Racks #11, 12 & 13 - all holding pretty good size tanks, most with a 75 on top and a 90 below.
100_2782.jpg

Racks 14 & 15 are display tanks - the only picture I have of that right now is that picture of Ron sitting between them with the Vacuum hose! HA! Oh, just so you know -- he sat in that chair the entire time and I set up all the racks & tanks all by myself.......
And if you believe that, I have a really REALLY friendly little Syno Eurypterus to sell you.......... :p oh well. It was worth a shot!
Seriously - he worked his patootie off. He set up racks, hauled tanks, changed out PVC & drilled holes in it for the new tank configurations, all kinds of stuff. Oh - and he sorted through all the electric since I kept popping breakers (hey - a girl's gotta have something to amuse herself with). Oh and I love this -- alot of the tanks have lights HANGING over them now, instead of resting on the glass lids-- makes it Mucho Easiero to clean tanks - and sure brightens up the place too!

Ok, last shot of the tanks. This is Rack #16, and was just put up as fry grow-outs. It holds (5) 10's and (8) 15's and yes, every tank is filled already. I love having most of the fry on one rack - really makes it easier! This takes us right back to the basement stairs.
100_2779.jpg

So, there you have it. 16 racks and.............lemme see - 63 tanks if I counted right. I'll have to have another cup of coffee before I add up how many gallons total.
Anyway -- we spent last night making sure all the heaters work, the air is good, and the tanks are topped off and have lids on them.
Hey, Ron even vacuumed! Gotta love a guy whose knowledge of Power Tools doesn't start & stop with Ryobi.....
I have to admit that he scared me a couple times - I made a beer run & when I got back, he had the 125 tank moved to a new rack all by himself. How does he do that???? He did a great job though and really got it all more organized. I can clean tanks & grow-out fry pretty well, but he's the one who keeps it all going with the air & heat & filters & lights & the rest. Hey - he's actually been able to teach me how to pronounce some of those names even!

Ron - ya did GOOD!

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Watch out Donna.

A few months of this and he will be wanting to build a fish building in the back yard or something.

maddog10

Members
Oh my God! I laughed out loud here at work. Good thing nobody was here because I would have to explain and show the pic. Maybe I will anyway.

Mike I was there early Saturday morning and got a pike! So there! LOL![/b]

He told me some sucker came over and got the pike, shoulda guessed! :p

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Ron, That's how happy I get when I'm in my Fish room too. :)

Tanks look great...Congratz! Welcome back to the Underworld!!!

RM

longstocking

Members
Look'in good !

Now can you get Bill to string my lights up? We have the lights... but for some reason they just stay in the closet !

marge618

CCA member
Watch out Donna.

A few months of this and he will be wanting to build a fish building in the back yard or something.
[/b]

Donna: It looks like your home has become a 'fish building' already. You must be ready for anything that strikes your fancy at the ACA. Is that the plan... ?

Now what does 20 is closer to 70 mean. Mike brought you - how many of what fish was it?

This is far better than reality tv.
Later,
Marge

DeeCee

Members
Thanks guys! I have no idea how Ron is doing today at work, but I bet he's stiff and VERY sore! All I know is that I slept late & wonder if I can sneak in a nap on the couch. I wimped out & only cleaned fry tanks today~ Too pooped to do any more cleaning!

OK, I counted it out and if I figured it right, there are now about 2700 gallons of water in the basement. Thank God it's all in tanks & not on the floor.

Yeah Marge, you heard me right -- Mikey told Ron he would bring "12 - oh maybe it's closer to 20 fry" over and ended up bringing in
70 of some - what are they Mikey - 2"-3" at least! What a B R A T !!! Something-or-other Lithobates is all I remember right now. My brain is still in a fog LOL

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Steelfist, you have no idea.

You should have seen what he had 3 years or so ago.

He had more tanks than most of the LFS.