• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Fish that you want, but can't find

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
What is a fish that you've kept in the past, that you don't currently have and want again, but are unable to find?

Freakgecko

Members
Australoheros Sp. red ceibal

Used to see them all the time. Got tank space for some, couldn’t find any. Got some hero’s liberifer instead

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Red Tail Blue Loach
I have a couple of those, I think they're very underrated. I've seen Josh list them, and I think Aqua Imports might've had them.

Protomelas spilonotus 'Mara Rocks' is a fish I used to have that isn't often seen anymore, but its possible I could find them if I looked hard enough.

As Jose mentioned, everything seems to go in cycles; other examples of fish that used to be all over the club then disappeared: Ruby Red Peacocks, Yellow Labs, brichardi/daffodil, and a few others. People seem to lose interest when something becomes 'common' but if everybody moves on, they become scarce again.

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
I've got numerous "holy grail" fish I'd love to track down. But of fish I've kept and would like to try again, Corydoras gracilis.

Blaise

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Yeah, the list of fish I haven't yet kept but would like to is longer. Things are much easier to find than they used to be though, just not always at a price point I can justify.

Freakgecko

Members
Yeah, the list of fish I haven't yet kept but would like to is longer. Things are much easier to find than they used to be though, just not always at a price point I can justify.
I read the post wrong 😂 I posted my “want” fish, not my “used to have and can’t find anymore” fish oops!

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
They aren’t mutually exclusive, you know.
I read the post wrong 😂 I posted my “want” fish, not my “used to have and can’t find anymore” fish oops!

The two aren’t mutually exclusive. There are lots of fish I’d love to try. And some, like the Corydoras gracilis, that slipped my grasp and I’ve never seen against .

Blaise