• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Fish/Plants give away w a twist-

ddavila06

Members
i got some free fish the other day and i dont want to keep them all so i decided i would give some around to the clubs:

3 tiger barbs
2black skirt tetras/CLAIMED
one albino pleco and one common pleco that have bred

red root floaters and amazon frogbit and water sprite

this is the deal:

if you are a member in good stand with pvas OR cca, you can have whichever u want IF you make a donation to the give a kid a tank program! just let me know and i put u in contact w person in charge...

if you are NOTa member in good stand w pvas or cca or gwapa(paid member) get a membership and you can have any or all of the above.

what you all think? membership does have its benefits!!!!

20130425_144435 (800x600).jpg

P7120242 (800x600).jpg

ddavila06

Members
for those who do not know what the give a kid a tank program please check out this link: http://www.pvas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5018

unfortunately the program does not accept used equipment donations. but you can contribute by donating cash- please if your interested in anything i have lmk and i will get you in touch w Sherry M. -past pvas member- thanks

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Question

Does this program buy tanks at retail prices or have they negotiated some sort of discount with the suppliers? Seems when I looked into this before it appeared they were paying top dollar for tank set-ups which if true would extend as much charity to the manufacturers as it would be to kids.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Does this program buy tanks at retail prices or have they negotiated some sort of discount with the suppliers? Seems when I looked into this before it appeared they were paying top dollar for tank set-ups which if true would extend as much charity to the manufacturers as it would be to kids.

Sam,

PVAs has been doing this for a while and I'm pretty certain that they are getting deals on full setups. I think I remember seeing somewhere that the kits (tanks, light, filter, heater, etc) ran somewhere in the $20 range.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
No issues with the very noble intent

Sam,

PVAs has been doing this for a while and I'm pretty certain that they are getting deals on full setups. I think I remember seeing somewhere that the kits (tanks, light, filter, heater, etc) ran somewhere in the $20 range.

Not convinced. What I saw indicated they were paying $20 for the plastic mini-set-ups and $40 for 5-gallon glass set-ups which struck me as not much of a "deal". Would be happy to be wrong, just expect a program like this to receive product at cost in exchange for positive corporate PR and am looking for assurance that this is indeed the case. Maybe I'm naive but if someone asked me to assemble 50 5-gallon set-ups for charity I wouldn't expect to need/spend $2000 to do so...

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Clarification

Just to be clear, I think PVAS and their Christmas tank giveaway rocks lest anyone imagine otherwise. Simply wondering if there's room to get a bigger bang for our hard-earned dollars that would prompt someone like myself to throw a Benjamin or two at it this year...