• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Finally!

Becca

Members
I've been waiting for these two to confirm they're a pair for more than a year. I got them as quarter size Peruvian imports from Batfish Aquatics several years ago and they've looked like a couple for quite some time. I looked up from working today and caught them working on their first brood.20191219_202521.jpg20191219_202549.jpg

Becca

Members
That’s awesome, congrats! Keep us posted on the eggs and hopeful fry.
Will do. I'm not set up to pull the eggs right now, so I doubt they'll make it long, but the parents are watching them pretty well for now. Typically angels will spawn pretty regularly once they get started.

Becca

Members
Eggs were still there this morning and almost all of the other fish were occupying the far right side of the tank, including the poor male. I watched her swim over to him a few times and tell him off by shaking her fins and nipping him on the head several times. I may have to remove him before she puts a permanent dent in his face. I'm honestly a bit shocked she hasn't lost eggs to the tetras while she's distracted with picking on him.

Becca

Members
Pretty sure she made the rookie mistake of eating the wigglers when the eggs hatched. I see empties this morning but no actual fry.

Becca

Members
Hopefully they don't kill each other. They're back to bickering non-stop.😂

I'm picking up some gallon jars and rigid airline tubing this week. Next time I'll steal the eggs after a day. They hatched faster than I expected.

Becca

Members
They spawned again today. This time they used the slate I gave them (woo hoo). I should steal the eggs. I now have a jar big enough for it, my microworm culture is going strong, and I've got the methylene blue. The only thing I'm worried about is keeping them warm enough. It seems unwise to put even a tiny heater in a 1 gallon jar and the fish room is only around 70 this time of year.