• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Filtration Suggestions

Wet Sleeves

CCA Members
Staff member
So as I posted in the other thread I'm currently setting up my new fish room. Now I need suggestions for filtration. I was thinking about a centralized pump and sponges. Do you think that would be adequate for at least eight 40 breeders and several 75's plus the four 10's, two 20's, two 29's and maybe several other 4ft tanks? I keep mostly Peacocks and Haps

Becca

Members
It depends on the air pump. I think sponge filters are generally sufficient but put at least 2 filters in each tank. I do one sponge and one box to capture debris and fine particles (per Matt Quinn's advice).

Wet Sleeves

CCA Members
Staff member
It depends on the air pump. I think sponge filters are generally sufficient but put at least 2 filters in each tank. I do one sponge and one box to capture debris and fine particles (per Matt Quinn's advice).
You think Jehmco would be the best place for large box filters? I know Lisa & Jay sell them but I'm not sure on the sizes they have. I do like the idea of the corner boxes but I think I might need the larger sizes.

Becca

Members
You think Jehmco would be the best place for large box filters? I know Lisa & Jay sell them but I'm not sure on the sizes they have. I do like the idea of the corner boxes but I think I might need the larger sizes.
I'm not sure, I've sort of picked mine up along the way, here and there. Jehmco is probably your best bet if you're doing a bulk order, but do check with Lisa and Jay to see what their prices are. Jehmco may also be a good bet for a pump that can handle that kind of capacity.