• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Filter Outlet - Best placement

abcdefghi

Members
I have a pair of canister filters on my 125G, but am trying to determine where best to place the outlets. At the moment I have both filters running a spray bar, these are mounted on each end of the tank, on the short side, spraying the water across lengthwise. They are not at the exact same height, one just below where the other is.

The filter intakes, if you were to look at the tank face on and split in into percentages, mounted at the 25% and 50% locations. The fish all seem happy, the tank looks clean and I get plenty of flow at all levels of the tank. Just wondering if there are any better places to put them. My biggest concern being if I place them at the back of the tank spraying towards the front, that it is going to be fairly turbulent for some of the fish.

mchambers

Former CCA member
If everyone in the tank seems happy and the tank is clean, I'd stay with that.

Having said that, when I use spraybars, I usually put them across the back, a few inches down from the surface, and have them spray up towards the front, but it's not always suitable depending on the tank configuration.